Saturday, June 16, 2012

Makeup and the shiny parts of life




2012 has been a year of reflection and bargain hunting. My favourite spot for makeup Face Value has moved away from Umgeni road L they are now in Pinetown so I will have to make a trip there. Luckily last time I was there I stocked up on Maybelline lipgloss and eyeshadows. I now realise , after creating my makeup database on Excel that I have quite a lot of makeup and because I store it really well and not in any level of sunlight that my makeup will be fine for a while.

In the rest of makeup news I am loving the lip balm range from Woolies, especially the lime one. I only like citrus fruit flavoured stuff so lime was my only option but it was a good one.  The Chocolate lip butter from Body Shop is also cool but gives a slightly white sheen to the lips; so best if covered with gloss to cover that up. 



I have been using the Oh So Heavenly Ribbons cream since May , when the air starting getting a little drier and it was somehow on special for R10! I feel so silly now for not buying an extra bottle. It is a lovely smelling cream and very luxurious on the skin. 


In showering news, I received a tester box from Hometester Club of 10 travel sized Dove shower gel and 10 shower gel for men; plus coupons for purchases of the full sized bottles. I will keep my eye out for when they are on special and then use the coupon ( Thanks to Extreme Couponing on TLC). It is a lovely shower gel, the mens and womens, and I felt my skin was quite soft straight out of the shower. So I think it is pretty cool that Dove went into the market with Shampoo, Conditioner, Body cream and Showergel within a year. The products are great and I will be giving the body cream a go next week.



I have been working infrequent hours which has led to me being at home and working odd hours, so therefore my daily makeup regime has slowed down. When I go out now I tend not to overdo my makeup and keep it all quite simple for lunches on a Saturday , such as simple highlighter and eyeliner for my face and lipgloss. I have been finding the most amazing lipglosses such as The Body Shop new range which has an awesome scent and not overpowering colour. I was really impressed with it.



That is it for now. I hope to blog more often about other products I have been using and my sincere apologies for being absent… I now have a reminder on my phone for a once a week blogging session!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment