Monday, July 16, 2012

Creamy creams


In winter we all find ourselves rushing to cream our skin and exfoliate extra hard and moisturise with lots of super thick creams. However I realised last year what a crock it all is. If you buy the really good creams early in the year, and a good pair of exfoliating gloves/ loofah or even use some rough sea salt, once a week; you will not need an extra boost come June/July. Your skin will be healthy and radiant all year round! I know it seems cliché but don’t cram for the exam, do it in small pieces and it will work better.


At Pavillion is a new store called Premier skin care, from Israel and the sales assistant tried really hard to sell me a R300 tub of salt from the Dead Sea... needless to say I did not purchase it. I would rather get a bottle of essential oils, and a bag of rough salt and make my own!!! Salt is salt! 

The body butter that they have is nice but nothing uber-fab. It is the same consistency of the aqueous creams. I prefer my OHS ribbons cream and using Bio-oil once a week all over!


So I shall make my own thanks very much! It is a good idea for exfoliation to be a year round process as your skin will be better off instead of all of a sudden extra attention at the driest coldest time of the year!


With regards to face cream, my regular cream has been leaving my feeling a tad dry so I have been adding some Palmer’s cocoa butter to it to boost the moisture factor and it has been helping quite a bit. I wish Palmer’s would come out with a good daycream with a strong SPF!

My nails have also taken a beating in this weather so I have been using the Yardley ridge filler as my basecoat and it has made a world of difference to my nailpolish lifespan!


One more tip for this time of year is lips!

 To keep them plump and not flaky, I use my exfoliating gloves on them in the evening, before applying copious amounts of clear balm. Nothing too heavy or glossy. Just the lip balm from Woolies or a simple L’oreal lip conditioner will be great. I can really feel when I have forgotten to do it and it drives me nuts!

Well, be good and moisturise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment