Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hair for 2012

I  have issues with my hair.. What else is new?? :) But I have been learning , with L'oreal Mythic oil ( thanks Rubybox!) and some detailed hair instructions, that thick, full hair need not be a torturous task to maintain.... yay for other Durban girls with identical problems!

First off, I do not straighten my hair with GHD ever time I wash it. I am slightly skeptical about the fact that ironing your hair almost daily is 'ok' and will not result in hair falling out when I am 50.. We just dont know and I am not taking a chance! I straighten it when  we are going somewhere especially formal  or if I am in the mood and sitting in front of the aircon!
So the adaptation of the braids being brought in this year was great. I could plait my side parted hair and give it a cool boho look. The natural curl in my hair added to that slightly hippie look and I like it!

For 2012 it seems that braids are here to stay!
I am also still a fan of pigtails but done properly and not childishly.. I like to put the 2 tails into a knotted bun, very close to each other and add a headband for added effect ( Glambox sends these awesome ribbons and I use them in my hair:)). Alternatively I put the tails low down and twirl the ends till they form a natural curl:)



Then the trend of bangs is carrying onwards with more strength
Personally I prefer clip-in bangs as there is no maintenance!

Short hair seems to be making waves, but it works if you have the right face shape!


Now this one I cannot get behind because it makes me look weird.. might just be me, but I feel like I am back in school if I do a centre parting!!
of course on models it looks fine..

So there you have a little guide as to what to keep in your hair arsenal.. will do a post about hair accessories soon too!! and hair care too!

xx shimmers

No comments:

Post a Comment