Thursday, November 17, 2011

Splurge/ Save: December

I love a good bargain but that does not mean I skimp on quality. I like to know what I am buying is worth the money, but if I can wait for a sale to buy it at a reduced price.. I suddenly grow patience!! Its weird...
Anyway: I have a little summer list-have , for you if you have cash to spare or if you are looking to save!
1. Sunblock- In summer, we all know that we have to protect our skin, every day.. etc. So the options are pretty wide, but I have used both of these and the results were the same.. So if you want to use your Clarins sunblock at the pool side to make others jealous:) go ahead.. Otherwise, stock up on Nivea spray on sunblock.. so much more fun as well!!  Both non-greasy, no white residue and full son blocking capabilities!

2. Lipbalm - I love lipbalm.. i have developed a bit of an obsession for it since discovering TBS's Satsuma shimmer balm .. I love it and Woolies has a very reasonably priced R20 one available in different flavours too. But seriously if you can, get your hands on a bottle of Elizabeth Arden skin protectant.. just use it for lips!! Glambox sent this travel size and I love it.. I use it only for my lips before bed and in the morning, my lips are smooth, pretty and not a chap in sight!! But the balms from TBS and Woolies are perfect for the pocket and the price!




3. Eyeshadows- for December it is nice to experiment as there are so many different places to go to! I love the Revlon Custom eyes palette for summer parties and NYE get togethers! Fun bold colours, which can be blended to create a gorge smoky eye or a bold statement eye! Cost is around R140 from Clicks.. Essence does an amazing palette as well- This one is more muted and icy which is great as well if you want to save some dosh and look very cool and calm at parties! They usually retail for R50-ish.




4. Bronzer- I have recently discovered the wonders of a good bronzer!! I bought the TBS Deep bronze matte bronzer and it makes my skin glow and look so great! I know I am going to put a little dent in it over December!! But so worth it - R160 for the compact. Essence to the rescue once more-- does a cool bronzing pearl pack for R70-80 and it is very cool as you swirl and apply :) They also have a fun pink and white brush that retails for R29.


Well that is it for now.. Hope you save / splure appropriately and remember January is around the way.. reinvention times baby!! Try something new over December, it might inspire a whole new 2012 for you~~

xx Shimmers

No comments:

Post a Comment