Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hot pants style

No this is not a post about hotpants, but rather about looking hot in your pants; and well everything else as well!

I have recently, as most of you might know, taken up hot yoga and it has made a world of difference to me. It is similar to Bikram yoga but different in that it is 50 poses in a heated room of 38 degress, Bikram is 42 degrees! It is completely addictive and quite intense. I enjoy it mostly as the results I have seen have been gradual and positive. I have lost some cms on my waist line and my bottom! Which is great coming in to summer... Other than that it has also prompted a decline in the consumption of meat.. I know , I love my steaks and mutton curry, but to have it once a month is cool, just not every week!
I am so glad to have found a form of exercise which has made me sleep better, have increased levels of energy, made me wake up at 5am for a class!! and get glowing radiant skin! It is truly a holistic exercise experience...

Yes thats my yoga buddies and I at an event :)
Now about those pants... I see the trends for high waisted pants and I always think.. it makes my bum look 'long' or 'high'.. Which is weird, because everyone wants a tight tushie..
So I experimented with a few things.. Having a high waisted pair of shorts, paired with a fitted top will elongate your legs and torse.. Flowy and floral - as long as the shorts are crisp and in a neutral shade. I like the black and white looks for parties at the park or even a lunch party:) tres chic

Other ways to wear shorts without baring your Brazilian.. or lack thereof... include:
These lovely Taupe mid thigh numbers which I think are perfectly cute and gorgeous... I mean seriously!! Do we need to go shorter?

These cargo shorts are my fave and great to get in a variety of colours :)

I like wearing shorts in summer, but I always have to remind myself to ensure that I use lots of sunblock and bronzer those legs up!! Yardley bronzer baby has a great tub of bronzer that works wonders!!

Toodles poodles! xx shimmer always

No comments:

Post a Comment